Thursday, August 18, 2011

Too Faced Smokey Eye Palette-EOTD

Finally getting around to using the Too Faced Smokey Eye Palette I got for my birthday this month. This is Too Faced second Smokey Eye, the previous one was out roughly 3-4 years ago. They are quite a bit different. I will be putting together a comparison post soon. This is my 5th Too Faced boxed palette. I haven't gotten their new Matte Eye yet, perhaps for Xmas. I find that Too Faced is totally underrated in the makeup community. Their shadows are fantastic!! So buttery and pigmented. They even do non-chalky mattes. Too Faced always seems to be in Urban Decay's shadow. Which I think is a total shame since I adore both equally. I had been anxious to use the gorgeous purple-Smoking Jacket so I planned this look around that shade. I blended this down alot since it is daytime and I didn't want it to be too intense for work. Please excuse the shiny forehead, it is HOT today.
I used:
Firefly on the inner half of the lid
Up in Smoke in the crease and outer v
Smoking Jacket on the outer half of the lid
Annabelle's matte white to highlight (not pictured)
Physician's Formula Gel Eyeliner in purple (from Green Eyes stack)
Maybelline Colossal Mascara on upper lashes

No comments: