Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Tarte For True Blood Palette EOTD

Today I used another one of the palettes I got for my Birthday this year, the Tarte for True Blood Palette. When I originally saw a picture of this in an issue of Cosmopolitan I was so excited!! Then when I saw it on Sephora's site I wasn't that impressed and decided against getting it in favor of the UD Anniversary palette. When my BF & Son took my out shopping for some Birthday gifts I had a chance to swatch it in Sephora I fell hard, lol. I am also a huge True Blood fan so I couldn't pass it up. I do find that with these shadows and the ones in the other palette I have from Tarte, can be really easy to over blend and just look muddy. I did have to go back and reapply some shades to up the intensity. I tried to take a picture of the palette with the plastic overlay that names the shades but the flash cause too much of a glare. I will point out the ones I used by rows. The first row being the top 3 across, the second the 4 across and so on.
I used:
Row 1, shade 1 The Light as my highlight & inner corner
Row 1, shade 3 The Dawn to blend out crease colour
Row 3, shade 1 Charmer in the crease and outer corner
Row 3, shade 2 Glamour Me in the deep crease and outer v
Row 4, Shade 1 Bayou on the lid
Urban Decay Perversion 24/7 Eyeliner on upper lash line
Maybelline The Colossal Mascara on upper lashes

No comments: